Michael O’Connor is a Partner in the Corporate department in the Cayman Islands office of Conyers. Michael joined Conyers in 2018.
Michael’s practice focuses on fund finance (encompassing subscription finance, NAV based facilities and hybrid facilities) and he routinely leads the Conyers team acting as Cayman counsel to the lead agent on some of the largest and most complex fund finance facilities in the North American market.
Michael also advises on offshore fund formation, collateralized loan obligations and bespoke structured finance matters.
Michael is a member of the Cayman Islands chapter of AIMA and regularly participates in industry working groups in respect of funds and fund finance matters.
Outside of work Michael serves the community as a board member of the National Children Voluntary Organization (a Cayman charity dedicated to the care, education and well-being of children in need in the community).
– Associate, Maples and Calder, Ireland
– Associate, Mourant Ozannes, Channel Islands
– University College Cork, Masters in Law, LLM, 2007
– University College Cork, Bachelor of Civil Law, 2006
– Cayman Islands, Attorney-at-Law, 2015
Awards & Accolades
– Recognised in the 2020 edition (and 2019) of Legal 500 Caribbean (investment funds)
– Recognised in the 2019 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (corporate and commercial)
This summary highlights some of the important legal work carried out by Conyers Lawyers for corporate clients in the global market since the beginning of 2020. Business cases include important restructuring, initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and financing transactions, covering a wide range of industries, including insurance, banking, investment funds, aviation, shipping, energy, telecommunications, real estate development, healthcare, education, etc.