Craig W. MacIntyre is a Director in the Private Client & Trust department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Craig joined Conyers in 1997.
Craig’s practice is reflective of his clientele – challenging, vibrant and diverse. His business encompasses a broad spectrum of trust, company, estate planning and asset protection opportunities. Craig is a subject matter expert often sought after as a guest speaker and panelist for his straight-forward, practical knowledge while lauded by industry peers and clients for his unwavering loyalty and actions in their best interests. He adeptly draws upon Conyers’ deep bench strength to collaborate within the private client department and across the firm for fast, technical expertise exceeding clients’ expectations with solution oriented answers. He values clients’ time just as much as he values his – and is thus well suited to efficient and effective minded clients.
- Advising a high profile family on establishing multiple US foreign grantor trusts for next generation succession planning, and the establishment of a substantial family philanthropic entity
- Advising trustees of certain substantial, old family trusts on restructuring arrangements, including an application to the Bermuda Supreme Court under Section 47 of Bermuda’s Trustee Act 1975, to minimize or avoid the adverse effects of new French tax laws
- Continued advice to a European family on the establishment of various entities to own UK real estate, liaising with US advisors on new rules regarding investment advice and family offices, and ongoing advice to directors of the family private trust company
- Solicitor, Simmons & Simmons, London 1994 – 1997
- Kings College London
- United World College of the Atlantic
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 1996 (not currently practising)
- Bermuda, Attorney-at-Law, 1996