Rhys Williams is an Associate in the Litigation department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Rhys joined Conyers in 2015 from Mourant Ozannes in Guernsey, and prior to that was a barrister at Five Paper in Temple, London.
Rhys’ practice covers all areas of civil and commercial litigation, with a particular emphasis on domestic and cross-border insolvency and restructuring. Rhys also has experience in cases ranging from contentious and non-contentious trusts, regulatory, shareholder disputes, minority prejudice claims and professional negligence.
Rhys has appeared in the Bermuda Supreme Court, the Court of Appeal and the Privy Council. He acts for local and international companies, banks and other financial institutions, liquidators and receivers, corporate service providers, regulatory authorities, trust funds, and high net worth individuals.
- Acting as Bermuda Counsel in the restructuring by way of schemes of arrangement of Seadrill and Noble Group
- Acting for an international insurance company on its merger by way of scheme of arrangement
- Acting for the Bermuda Monetary Authority in obtaining the appointment of Joint Provisional Liquidators over a captive insurance company
- Acting for a private trust company in relation to a multi-billion dollar charitable trust
- Acting for a private bank as custodian of a collective investment scheme in a claim brought by liquidators
- Advising liquidators of a hedge fund in relation to an appeal against a rejection of proof of debt
- Special advisor to the Bermuda Casino Gaming Commission
- Mourant Ozannes, Guernsey
- Five Paper, Temple, London
- BPP Law School, London, 2006
- London School of Economics, LLM, 2005
- Bermuda, 2016
- England and Wales, Middle Temple, 2007