Chiara T. Nannini is a Director in the Corporate department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Chiara joined Conyers in 2008.
Chiara’s practice includes all aspects of corporate and commercial law, with experience in corporate reorganisations, debt and equity offerings, corporate finance including IPOs and private placements and project finance in cross border and multi-jurisdictional contexts. She also advises on insurance regulatory and transactional matters including new insurance incorporations, segregated account structures, equity and debt financing of insurers and insurance groups and other insurance transactional work.
Since joining the firm, Chiara spent a year on secondment with American International Group’s Bermuda office and was based in the Conyers São Paulo, Brazil office from 2010 to 2013.
– Advised Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. on its US$275,666,075 initial public offering of common shares listed on the New York Stock Exchange in August 2013.
– Advised leading oil exploration and servicing company Nabors Industries Ltd. (NYSE: NBR) in the merger of its completion and production services unit with oilfield service provider C&J Energy Services (NYSE: CJES), for which Nabors received approximately US$940 million in cash and stock worth an approximately 53% ownership stake in C&J.
– Advised GreyCastle Holdings Ltd. in its US$570 million acquisition backed by a consortium of investors, of the run-off Life Reinsurance operations of XL Group.
– Represented BNP Paribas, ING Capital LLC and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as lead arrangers in the approximately US$900 million financing of the Amaralina Star and Laguna Star drillships which are owned by an affiliate of the Brazilian conglomerate Queiroz Galvão. The vessels are chartered to Petrobras for oil exploration and production activities off of the coast of Brazil.
– Provided Bermuda legal advice to Bank of America, N.A. in connection with a US$3.1 billion sale and repurchase agreement financing transaction related to Amgen Inc.’s US$10.5 billion purchase of Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc.
– Provided Bermuda legal advice to The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) on its acquisition of the Industrial Packaging Group from Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW), renamed Signode Industrial Group, for US$3.2 billion.
– Advised a global investment management firm in respect of the re-domiciliation of a BSX-listed British Virgin Islands segregated portfolio professional fund to Bermuda and its registration as an open-ended authorized Bermuda investment fund and as a segregated accounts company under The Segregated Accounts Companies Act 2000.
– Represented Queiroz Galvão Óleo e Gás SA., in the Rule 144A and Regulation S offer and sale of US$700 million 5.25 percent senior secured notes due 2018 by QGOG Atlantic/Alaskan Rigs Ltd., a British Virgin Islands affiliate of Queiroz Galvão, the largest Brazilian privately held provider of drilling and production services.
– Pupil – Conyers Dill & Pearman Limited 2007-2008
– Seconded to American International Group
– Inns of Court School of Law, U.K., Bar Vocational Course, 2007
– London School of Economics and Political Science, U.K., LLB (Hons), 2006
– University of Virginia, USA, B.A., Political Science and Italian, 2003
– British Virgin Islands, 2012
– Bermuda, Attorney-at-Law, 2008
– England & Wales, Barrister, 2007 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
– Recognised in the 2021 edition (and since 2016) of IFLR1000 (financial and corporate)
– Recognised in the 2020 edition (and since 2018) of Legal 500 Caribbean (banking, finance and capital markets)
– Recognised in the 2019 (and 2018) edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (insurance)
– Member, Hon. Society of Middle Temple, London
– Bermuda Bar Association
Focus on Corporate Governance, LatAm Fund Manager, January 2012
康德明入围 2022 年 ALB 香港法律大奖的最终候选名单